Brandis Waalweg path
The Brandis water channels run across the sunny slopes above the village of Lana.
Image gallery: Brandis Waalweg path
The Brandis water channels were built by the Lord of Brandis in 1835. We start our hiking tour in the centre of Lana, at parking space P4 in via Palade. After following via Pallade for about 500 metres, the Waalweg path branches off to the left and leads across fruit orchards, vineyards and deciduous forest. The water channels are not visible since they run underground.
The trail is quite broad and accessible for wheelchairs and prams. Continuing our hiking tour on the Brandis Waalweg path, we enjoy nice views of the village of Lana and its surroundings. After the beautiful S. Margareta chapel, we finally reach Lana di Sotto, where we pass the orchard museum and finally the parish church of Lana di Sotto, famous for its altar by Hans Schnatterpeck.
Enjoying some nice views of the Brandis castle and the golf course, the trail leads into the valley, where we see rio Brandis and its waterfall. The trail is only 3.5 km long and we hike the same way back.
Please note: When you plan to do this hiking tour, please inform yourselves on the conditions of the trails!
Starting point: via Palade in Lana (at parking space P4)
Trail numbers: 10, 1
Length: approx. 3,400 metres
Walking time: 1 hour (one way)
Suitable for families? Yes, and also accessible for prams.
Experienced in: April 2011
More information: tourist board Lana, tel. +39 0473 561770