This village of some 600 souls, which is part of the municipality of Merano, has been constructed on a talus.
Until 1923 Quarazze has been an independent municipality, after it has been merged into the city of Merano. Today Quarazze has got some 600 inhabitants and belongs to the parish of S. Pietro - Quarazze. Originally Quarazze has been characterised by meadows, and in the course of time also apples and wine have been cultivated.
According to a legend, also in the area of Quarazze, there has been a “Little Catinaccio”, not to be confused with the Catinaccio in the Sciliar area. King Laurin, Lord of the Dolomites, let a road build across this area, bearing his name. However, the parish church of Quarazze dates back to the 14th century and it was reconstructed in its present form in the 17th century. Life in the village today is animated by several associations.