Cross-country skiing is a sport that involves almost all body muscles. Merano and surroundings offers various cross-country ski trails where you can exercise.
Cross-country skiing is a health-pomoting sport and is very popular. It can be learned at every age and a sport that enthusiasts adults and children. Of course the unique natural experiences you can make are a reason for the popularity of this sport. Merano and surroundings offer perfect conditions for cross-coutnry skiing and a wide variety of different trails. No matter if you prefer high-altitude trails or circuits, at Merano you are spoilt for choice.
* Giogo Alto 1: classic, skating; 10 km, medium, circuit at 2,800 m asl
* Giogo Alto 2: classic, skating; 5 km, medium, highest cross-country ski track at 3,000 m asl, popular course also with athletes, located directly at the glacier
* Lazaun: classic, skating; 3 km, easy, pleasant trail for exercising at 2,000 m asl
* Falzeben: classic, skating; 5 km, medium - easy, circuit in the forest
* Innerhütt: classic, skating: 2,3 and 5 km, easy - medium, circuit with variants, on Tuesdays and Thursdays the trail is illuminated
* Lazins: classic, skating: 5,7 and 12 km, easy, from Plan to Malga Lazins and back
* Valley circuit: classic, skating; 25 km, easy - medium, various possibilities to start and stop, slightly upwards along the river, back slightly down.
Beginner? Lazins trail
You pefer pleasant trails? Val d’Ultimo trail
Athlete? Giogo Alto 2
Enjoy cross-country skiing in Merano and surroundings!