The Falkner promenade snakes its way at Tirolo above Merano and offers a promising panoramic view.
This promenade, bearing the German name of a raptor, snakes close to the avifaunal centre, but in fact this is not the reason for the name of this promenade. This promenade is named after its donator, Hans Normann Flakner (1906 - 1988) from North Tyrol. Tirolo was his adopted village and he put himself out for this place in the 20th century.
Also the Falkner promenade has been established on his initiative. This promenade surrounds the village from the petrol station to the west edge of the village and offers a panoramic view on San Pietro, Castel Tirolo and Thurnstein as well as the entire basin.