At the right riverside of the Adige, at the top of a rocky hill at Lagundo, there Vorst Castle (Forst).
Image gallery: Vorst Castle
The castle complex was established on confined space. Two residential towers with merlons decorate the building. A chapel and a residential wing border the inner courtyard. Castel Vorst has been established in the 13th century and mentioned for the first time in 1302.
In the 16th century the castle complex was enlarged. In 1880 it was again restored by the Counts von Vorst. By the way, these counts were ministerialis in Tyrol.
The current owners of the castle also own the Forst brewery, which in South Tyrol has got the monopole in beer production. The castle cannot be visited.