Castel Schwanburg is inhabited still today and is a construction dating back to Renaissance.
Schwanburg Castle is located below Bavaro fortress. Already in 1286 the castle has been mentioned for the first time as “Haus in der Gaul”. Two centuries later it was restored, resulting to be a masterpiece of Renaissance construction style. A great inner courtyard with decorative outside staircases is bordered by recessed balconies which have been walled in Roman stones.
Once upon a time the Lords of Boymont-Payersberg owned the castle, which has been passed on to the Counts of Trapp. In recent times the Thaler family from Nalles was responsible for the construction and they left the agricultural entreprise and attached winery to their nephew Rudolf Carli.
The swan and the bull of the emblem of the castle are also illustrated on the emblem of Nalles. Today Castel Schwanburg hosts the most ancient private winery of South Tyrol. The castle itself serves as administration building and can be seen only from outside.
phone +39 0471 678430